What We Do
Paradigm Shift International is a small hands-on technical
project and interim management resource focused on applying leading edge
agile systems and enterprise concepts, and massively parallel pattern
recognition concepts to high functional ends.
- We design and manage strategies and projects to meet
aggressive technical and business objectives.
- We produce and conduct learning
workshops and courses in agile system & enterprise architectures.
- We assemble and lead teams of management and technology specialists
to solve problems and create solutions.
- We develop application architectures and strategies
employing massively parallel pattern recognition approaches enabled by a
new VLSI pattern processor.
- We develop and apply new system agile-security
- We engage in interim-executive positions
that create and manage change strategies.
We seek work which is interesting. To us that means it advances our
personal understandings, grows the collective knowledge and skill base, and has a
Resources are leading experts practicing at the forefront of applied
agility in all system and enterprise areas.
CEO and Strategy
Finance and Accounting
John Boardman, PhD, Bio
Bob Dove, PhD, Bio
Ted Goranson, Bio
Jack Ring, Bio
Heinz Schmitt, PhD, Bio
Garry Turkington PhD,
Representative Clients and Projects
- ProMetal: Change management assignment as
initial President. Built strategy and managed transition of this
layered-manufacturing rapid-production technology developer from an
R&D focus to to a commercial enterprise.
- Silterra: Change management assignment as
initial CIO and Management Development organizer. Architected and
managed implementation of highly adaptable eBusiness, ERP and IT
infrastructure, and led management development quarterly programs, for
this new semiconductor foundry in Malaysia.
- Agility Forum: Established research agenda, built
strategic plan, organized and set up industry-involvement groups, managed start-up period
of industry-involvement groups and Strategic Analysis Working Group. Conceived and
conducted projects that developed 1) Best Agile Practices - An 80 Case Compendium, 2) An
Agile Enterprise Reference Model with a Case Study of Remmele Engineering
- AT&T: Conducted training classes on agile enterprise
concepts for AT&T's management training school. Conducted introduction-to-agility
customer and prospect seminars in South America.
- Automotive Company: Drafted proposed corporate agility
strategy and implementation process guide. Analyzed corporate strategy and plant
implementations for new car assembly system long-term change proficiency, and recommended
areas for improvement. Analyzed stamping plant operations for change proficiency. Designed
prototype core competency knowledge management practice.
- CAMI: Developed and presented future-vision of Education
and Learning in the year 2020. Developed and presented workshop to educators on agile
education concepts. Facilitated workshop on Justifying Investments in Flexibility.
- Computervision Corporation: Review and advise on
corporate programs and strategies relative to change proficiency.
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA): Organize
and lead the Agile Production Working group for the MADE program. Developed white paper
recommendations for ARPA investments in technologies related to agility that would benefit
- Extrude-Hone Corporation: Conduct periodic management
education and strategy development workshops.
- Grant-Thornton: Designed and conducted training sessions
for their Partner/Manager training program. Chaired customer workshop on future strategies
for bicycle industry.
- Hewlett-Packard: Designed and conducted a series of
customer and prospect working seminars that provided an introduction to agile enterprise
concepts and analysis tools.
- LeBlond Makino: Design and conduct customer seminar on
nature and values of agile strategies, agile machining operations, and agile machine
- Lockheed-Martin: Conceptualized and proposed Agile
Manufacturing (AIMS) development project, assisted in obtaining DARPA funding, offered
agile-theory guidance on the project as a subcontractor.
- LSI Logic: Conducted seminars on the concepts and
metrics of agile information systems, and on the corporate support role of agile
information systems for the World-Wide Information Technology group.
- Mitsubishi Corporation (Japan): Analyzed USA climate for
international collaboration projects.
- National Research Council: Develop and present
future-vision of Business Practices in the year 2020.
- Maquila Magazine: Organized and conducted an Agile
- NYPRO: Designed and conducted an introduction to agile
concepts and corporate strategies for the the NYPRO Board of Directors Training Program at
this $150 million injection molder.
- Peoples Republic of China (PRC): Conducted seminars at
the nation's top five universities on agile enterprise concepts. Recommended
agility-related research and application strategy for PRC.
- TASC: As a subcontractor to an DARPA-funded Agile
Manufacturing project, PSI provided agile-theory guidance for business process modeling
tool development, conducted a workshop with DLA to ascertain equirements for business
process reengineering, and tested the resultant tools for their efficacy as agile
enterprise modeling and reengineering aids.
- Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan): Introductions to
various potential USA collaboration partners.
Additional clients include: Allen-Bradley, Allied
Signal, Andersen Consulting, AO Smith, Avalon, Centre for Exploitation of Science and
Technology (UK), Concurrent Technologies Corporation, DaimlerChrysler, Enterprise
Integration Technology, Ford Motor Company, FutureThink, General Motors, Gonzaga
University, Hershey Chocolate, Honeywell, Japan Management Association Research Institute
(Japan), KPEC (Korea), Lucent Technologies, Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Michigan State
University Management Education Center, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, National Institute of
Standards, Packard Electric, Pratt and Whitney, Rockwell Collins Avionics, Rockwell
Science Center, Sandia National Laboratories, Sandia National Laboratories, SAP America, Thesis Inc, Toyo Engineering,
Trinova Corporation, University of Southwest Louisiana, Varco International, Vickers
Corporation, Western Data Systems.